Thursday, November 18, 2010

Email from the Author - Ingrid Law

Hello!  The CMJH Book Club is reading Savvy by Ingrid Law.  So far it is so good!  We were honored to receive an email from Ingrid.  Here's what she said -

"To all the great readers and writers at Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School - First let me say a big 'Hello' from Lafayette.  I have lived in Colorado since I was six years old and grew up in Boulder, so it is wonderful to hear that Colorado junior high school students are reading my book, Savvy, in Mrs. Guthrie's lunchtime book clubs.

As I'm sure you all know already, reading is one of the very best ways to learn how to write.  Reading is also a great way to learn about yourself and the world around you. 

I hope you have as much run reading Savvy as I had writing it! 

All my best,

Ingrid Law

P.S.  What is your savvy?"

WELLLLL, Mrs. Guthrie asked the book club members what their real life savvies were, and here were some of their responses...

computers, animals, books, soccer, music, art, tennis, writing, cooking, kindness, painting, humor, cleaning, children, creativity, guitar, reading, acting

We all have something that we're good at.  Leave a comment on what your Savvy is.

2 comments:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Ingrid is one of those lovely authors you wish you had in your backyard, so you could give her a hug! I loved Savvy, and she is so generous with her time!

Hello Mrs. Karchut! You guys have an awesome blog going here! Keep up the great work!! :)

Darby Karchut said...

Susan, you are so awesome to leave a message for us!

Students and faculty, Susan Kaye Quinn is the author of LIFE, LIBERTY AND PURSUIT, a young adult novel. She has an amazing blog called INK SPELLS, which is all about books and writing for teens.
Visit her!